Field Service Technician I
This is a remote opportunity ideally located in the Midwest.
Today, SICK is a leading manufacturer of factory, logistics and process automation technology worldwide. With more than 1,000 patents for its products, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement industries. SICK's expansive product portfolio includes industrial sensors; safety solutions automatic identification; vision encoders; and gas, dust, and flow analyzers.
This position has primary responsibility for the install and support of SICK products throughout North America.
- Provide amazing customer service by effectively managing customer expectations.
- Introduce, implement, and support various LifeTime Service programs.
- Build support structures and populate with SICK equipment. Requires the use of hand tools and basic construction knowledge.
- Make electrical connections of SICK equipment.
- Configure SICK products utilizing laptop and configuration software.
- Provide onsite commissioning of installed equipment following established criteria.
- Perform onsite start up support, monitor installed equipment for proper operation, and make adjustments as needed.
- Must be able to properly troubleshoot, diagnose, and replace SICK equipment.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Provide accurate and timely service reports, time cards, and travel expenses.
- Attend required training sessions as assigned
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Two year college degree is preferred.
- 0 - 3 years of prior field service experience
- This is a travel position and will require domestic and international travel upwards of 85% of time.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft and Internet applications.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
POSITIONAL COMPETENCIES: Technical Learning
Learning on the fly
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top