Director, Sales - Automotive
This is a remote position and located in Detroit, MI or Bloomington, MN.
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts - such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position has primary responsibility for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs within the Automotive team to ensure the highest level of budge accomplishment (revenue and expenses). This is done through sales leadership and coordinating the activities of Account Managers and Executives, select automotive focused integrators/OEM's, distribution and tier one suppliers.
- Drive the company's Funnel Management Process (CRM) and territory/account planning process with sales personnel to assure a high level of performance.
- Coach and develop a team of sales management and staff positions; hold personnel accountable for high performance towards company cultural expectations, personal performance goals and activities. Determine future hiring needs and organizational changes as needed.
- Ensure tight coordination of sales planning and execution activities between all parts of automotive sales and the Strategic Industry teams inside and outside of the incumbent's direct reports to ensure maximum organizational efficiency and focus on strategic industries.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate CSC's and other groups in AG. Participate in industry specific SICK group activities and meetings, present and advocate for US customers and the M&D organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Sales Leaders and also North America RPC/RCC organizations, work collaboratively with these organizations to address customer needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners; as appropriate, meet with key clients and assist sales teams with maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to plan and oversee marketing activities to ensure a consistent corporate image is portrayed throughout all materials and events; keep abreast of and monitor market and competitor activity adjusting marketing strategy and
- Recommending partner base expansions as appropriate.
- Direct market channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, goals and quotas in conjunction with other sales leaders
- Direct investigation into additional customer needs and opportunities, leveraging the EoC process facilitated by the Strategic Business Development Group at SICK Inc.
- Interface and collaborate openly with international subsidiaries to: coordinate sales strategies for specific accounts and projects, agree on a common pricing approach, negotiate and document “cross border compensation” plans, support IKAM activities and build a strong consistent global brand in the eyes of the customer.
- Establish and maintain a sales budget; achieve gross margin goals by managing discount levels within the limits of authority provided.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers to drive performance and to assess the effectiveness of the company's strategies.
- Use CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure proper documentation and retention. Ensure all sales people utilize CRM.
- Provide accurate and timely sales and marketing reports; present to executive management as appropriate.
- Lead regular staff meetings to discuss group accomplishments, issues and concerns, company/business changes and/or process improvements.
- Communicate escalated Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Customer Service issues with other management and staff for timely resolution.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Four-year degree with either an academic or experiential orientation to the sales of electronics, mechanics or optics, other industrial controls and processes or significant relevant work experience.
- An advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience in identifying market dynamics.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience involving sales of high technology industrial control products through direct sales and regional distributors.
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills in a multi-channel sales organization with proven, positive results required.
- Excellent understanding of business process improvement techniques; Lean Sigma or Toyota Production System preferred
- Excellent sales and communication skills with the ability to influence promotional efforts of distributors and distributor sales staff.
- Excellent closing and negotiation skills with the ability to directly support and help close major projects.
- Excellence understanding of business processes.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft, Lotus Notes and internet applications.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top