Customer Project Manager II
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts - such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position is responsible for the overall market success of SICK's Track and Trace Systems portfolio within our defined Strategic Industries throughout the entire product lifecycle. Primary responsibilities include maintaining and delivering the highest level of systems knowledge and application expertise to customers, sales teams, channel partners and the organization. Create and improve SICK's competitive advantage and process efficiencies to consistently build profitable revenue growth in the assigned product portfolio.
- Utilization and overall responsible for the SICK CPM processes. Allowing effective management and reporting on customer quotations that exist at SICK and to provide transparency for CPM process until a purchase order is received or project is deemed closed by customer.
- Support the Process Automation sales channels through the proposal process, providing pricing analysis and guidelines as well as technical solutions that fit the needs of the customer.
- Develop the technical and commercial solution for full project scope; including installation planning with project or other project specific special requirements to fulfill the project scope.
- Develop templates and tools to be utilized by the sales team to support project scope definition, project hand-over and the CPM process.
- Maintain quotation data, quotation status, and perform calculations pertaining to customer quotations assigned. Prepare detailed and summary reports pertaining to customer quotations and the Process Automation Technical Services team.
- Coordinate with other disciplines/functions in the company to manage work packages necessary to fulfill identified scope of projects. This includes, but is not limited to, legal reviews of terms and conditions and controlling functions of the project budgets.
- Stay up-to-date on industry advancements and competitor's offerings as well as customer history in order to better assist in the guidance of the pre-sales customer project management process phases.
- Total understanding of the entire CPM Process from CPM 0 - CPM 8 across the multiple phases and milestones.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
Education and Experience
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience required.
- 4+ years of experience in customer project management and/or customer proposals; preferred in the Process Automation Industry.
- Ability to work directly with customers and provide solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous quotations.
- Industry and computer software (Access, SharePoint, etc.) experience is a plus.
- Process development and tracking is a plus.
- Contract, legal and logistical, experience is a plus
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top