Customer Care Technical Support I
Today, SICK is a leading manufacturer of factory, logistics and process automation technology worldwide. With more than 1,000 patents for its products, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement industries. SICK's expansive product portfolio includes industrial sensors; safety solutions automatic identification; vision encoders; and gas, dust, and flow analyzers.
This position is primarily responsible for providing initial technical support to the Strategic Industry Teams and/or customers, upholding a positive representation of SICK, Inc. and providing a level of service that exceeds expectations.
- Provide continuous technical support to SICK direct sales teams, distributors and/or customers through telephone conversations and written communication.
- Provide internal and external customers with answers to general questions regarding sales tools, product specifications, product information, etc.
- Handle basic customer situations upholding and/or improving customer perception of SICK, Inc.; solve, or escalate as appropriate, customer problems as expeditiously as possible.
- Review technical support documents, application solution write-ups, FAQs and other supporting materials.
- Answers customer phone calls professionally and consistently; interface customer calls with the CRM system.
- Use CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure proper documentation and retention.
- Guide customers to the best resources to fit their needs including technical support, distribution information, and other relevant information that the customer may require.
- Provides a highly responsive service oriented interface for Field Sales, distributors and customers.
- Document and escalate recurring themes that are found in customer comments and/or complaints, ensure that the information is given to the right people to resolve problems.
- Conduct post-sale customer surveys in order to determine their satisfaction with equipment and answer any questions regarding problems or issues; document information gathered in CRM.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Two year technical degree or equivalent technical customer service experience required
- Engineering technical degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers successfully preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organization as well as with customers regarding technical issues
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Occasional travel for training and customer interactions (up to 20%)
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top