Associate General Counsel
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts‑such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position is responsible for all legal matters arising within SICK's course of business, primarily addressed to the US, Canadian, and Mexican SICK entities.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and finalize hardware and software contracts, as well as services and consulting contracts with clients.
- Interact with internal business units, external customers, vendors, and strategic partners to provide timely updates and counsel on various legal and contractual issues.
- Engage in advising internal clients on product or contract related legal issues with the various business teams, develop streamlined contracting procedures, maintain commercial agreements in corporate contract management system, and continuously develop and review contract templates.
- Provide competent and versatile legal support to internal legal specialists, management, and the SICK organization.
- Devise, draw up, and negotiate all types of national and international contracts.
- Provide legal advice on company law matters.
- Deal with internal and external customers and suppliers as well as common law based, European, and other international subsidiaries.
- Run internal training courses on legal topics.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Licensed in Minnesota.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial technology and services contracts.
- Experience advising companies in negotiation and drafting of complex technology and service agreements in an industrial or technical manufacturing business is preferred.
- Able to communicate at all levels of the organization effectively.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven success in collaborating across a matrix business and legal environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of business problems related.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with supervisors, peers, subordinates, and external company contracts.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
- Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Able to work in a general office environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online” button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top