SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts - such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position is responsible assembling, modifying, and customizing devices and accessories to fulfill customer requirements by using various power and hand tools, as well as printed and verbal instruction. The processes are to be performed at a rate that meets the schedule demands. This position may also assist repair technicians with minor troubleshooting, repairing, estimating, or quality assurance checking for various products.
- Assemble electronic and mechanical assemblies using written procedures.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner and complete all associated documentation.
- Rotate job responsibilities as needed to insure a smooth production flow.
- Perform all quality checks and/or verification steps in the procedures.
- Report all concerns to other team members and the lead or supervisor immediately.
- Immediately report to management any situations, condition or concerns that may need management attention.
- Make suggestions that will improve quality or reduce cycle time for SICK, Inc. products.
- Help in the completion of weekly cycle counts of the production floor.
- Complete documentation and dispose of rejected material on a daily basis.
- Be willing to help other team members; use a courteous and professional manner when communicating with others; participate in team meetings
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Basic electronics course would be helpful
- 3+ years of experience in PC board assembly, cable assembly, mechanical assembly or related activity
- Fully competent on majority of assemblies in production.
- Excellent soldering skills; SMT preferred, and experience with ESD practices.
- Be able to follow directions, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of ISO standards preferred.
- Work well with others in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top