Work From Home Metadata Editor
Headquartered in New York with offices in Berlin, Shutterstock is an innovative e-commerce company and a leading provider of royalty-free videos, photos, and illustrations. With over 70 million images and videos, Shutterstock sources content from a contributor community of thousands of photographers, videographers, artists and illustrators from around the world. We consider our contributor community, supply chain and operational capability to be among our greatest assets.
The Metadata Editor position calls for an experienced, creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and disciplined professional. A key component of this role is add descriptive keywords and captions to images and to process large collections of digital media files.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform content integration and metadata processes to meet content requirements, achieve production goals and meet time-sensitive content management objectives.
- Operate as an authority for describing creative media and associated metadata standards.
- Responsible for accurately adding or editing English descriptive keywords, captions and categories or images and videos.
- Evaluate media metadata for adherence to content standards and service suitability.
- Use bulk editing techniques to efficiently make multiple keyword changes.
- Assist as required with the selection of media from large catalogs for inclusion in Shutterstock content collections.
- Perform creative media production tasks including video and image editing if/as required.
- Provide, as required, general content operations support; achieve and maintain expertise in multiple workflow areas and systems.
- Hands-On Approach: You should be sharp, love rolling up your sleeves, getting your hands dirty, and working alongside the team.
- Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for Photography and/or Film, with 2+ years of professional Photography or creative experience.
- Understanding of evolving image industry trends, styles, and why images have commercial value.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about making many detailed judgments repetitively.
- Working knowledge and expertise in metadata standards, information organization, cataloguing rules, and digital library archiving.
- Experience with creative content operations, content management systems & applications.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, people-oriented person with the ability to resolve time-critical issues.
- Fluent in English; ability to read/write and participate in operations and business meetings.
- Software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Excel, Google Docs and file sharing protocols.
QUALIFICATIONS: B.S., B.A., A.S.
- Familiarity with trademark and copyright law.
- Familiarity with metadata standards such as SAA Photo metadata, IPTC, Dublin Core, AACR2
If interested, please apply to the job and also complete the brief quiz found at the link below:
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top