Work From Home Footage Reviewer (USA, Eastern)
Headquartered in New York, Shutterstock is an innovative e-commerce company and a leading provider of royalty-free videos, photos, and illustrations. With over 70 million images and videos, Shutterstock sources content from a contributor community of thousands of photographers, videographers, artists and illustrators from around the world. We consider our contributor community, supply chain and operational capability to be among our greatest assets.
We are hiring Footage Reviewers located in the USA to evaluate clips for their overall quality, technical execution, commercial suitability, and adherence to our image acceptance standards.
This is a freelance work-from-home position using the reviewer's own equipment and based around the reviewers available schedule.
- Efficiently evaluate and approve clips based on defined acceptance standards.
- Operate as an authority for technical standards, trademark exceptions, fraud detection, copyright and release requirements; review clips for adherence to content standards and suitability for inclusion in our commercial footage catalog.
- Perform exceptionable and consistent clip evaluations in a high volume, fast-paced, and super detail-oriented manner.
- Apply metadata standards, with light metadata editing and a keen eye for keyword and title relevance to drive accurate search engine results.
- Provide consistent, objective, efficient, concise and accurate feedback to contributors.
- Mandatory: Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for video production with 2+ years of professional film or video production experience, preferably as a videographer, contributor to stock agencies, editor, or researcher.
- Must have high-speed wired broadband Internet access [at least 100mbps download speed to test: http://www.speedtest.net/], own a PC or Mac, and own a sufficient and accurate color display for viewing HD and UHD video.
- Adept at non-linear editing and metadata evaluation, along with a basic foundation of best practices in post-production processes.
- Understanding of evolving videography industry trends, styles, and commercial value.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about making many detailed judgments repetitively.
- Highly organized, super analytical and extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong command of English; ability to read/write and participate in operations and business meetings.
Software: Knowledge of video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Avid
Media Composer), Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top