The VP of Sales will own the revenue and growth targets for the US Enterprise business of Shutterstock by overseeing a growing team of salespeople across the US, as well as managing both Directors and individual contributors in the New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles Offices. The position calls for defining and implementing the sales strategy for the US through driving revenue growth, pricing and packaging, vertical and territory mapping; rep recruiting, development, and retention; and working closely with both marketing and product to identify new opportunities. Additionally, the VP will own the revenue growth and business objectives agreed upon with the SVP of Enterprise Sales and Account Management.
- Be one of the key leaders in the US business
- Drive all new business enterprise sales activities in US with a focus on Fortune 1000 companies, media companies, and ad agencies
- Acquisitions: as appropriate, work closely with the Corporate Development on potential acquisitions and their integration
- Reports: currently a team of 20+ that includes sales reps and sales managers. Identify areas and territories where the team can continue to grow over the coming years
- Operate as a “player/coach” to the team – build, manage, motivate, train and develop the sales team and evolve go-to-market strategy
- Build and manage the sales pipeline to accurately forecast and deliver revenue commitments. Lead the team to negotiate and close profitable business.
- Bring in and apply suitable processes to measure, manage, forecast, and drive all areas of the sales cycle
- Setting the targets and quotas that drive achievement within your team
- Develop plans and implement sales strategy to effectively sell and win versus competitive set
- Consistently manage and maintain a pipeline that is 4x revenue target on a quarterly basis
Skills and Experience:
- A sales-oriented leader to build the US Sales team
- Proven ability to scale a department
- Managed field sales, enterprise sales, customer success, inside sales, and lead generation
- Managed teams of 30+with a proven history of managing teams through other managers
- Proven track record of successful sales exceeding quotas
- Proven track of record of senior client relationships that can help facilitate strategic partnerships
- Bachelor degree or comparable professional education
- Driven to achieve the highest standards
- Effective communicator and good interpersonal skills
- Intellectual dexterity and delivery-oriented – “hands on” – strong problem-solving skills combined with follow through
- Data driven, data curious, analytical, spots trends in the data
- SaaS experience a plus
- Ability to operate and influence cross-functionally with other departments
- Strong leadership – professionalism – integrity
- Entrepreneurial with strong commercial awareness
- Pro-active rather than reactive – has a sense of urgency – operates at pace consistent with Shutterstock culture
- Able to operate autonomously and take ownership of the business
- Resilience and an ability to work effectively under pressure
- A team player who focuses on the best outcome, and doesn’t bring ego to the table
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Possesses a strong belief in and passion for Shutterstock’s market value and potential
- Willing to travel frequently throughout the US
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top