VP, Custom & Marketplace
Reporting to the SVP, Planning & Operations, the Vice President of Custom will be accountable for the P&L for Custom & Marketplace, driving profitable revenue growth by collaborating with cross-functional colleagues to define, implement and execute a strategy for those businesses. The VP will focus on operationalizing the strategic plan for Custom & Marketplace. The Company operates in a matrix structure and therefore, the VP will collaborate with other functional teams including Product, Marketing, Sales, Content and Finance. This role will be located in Toronto where the VP will also act as the geographic lead of the Toronto office.
Growth Strategy & Operations
- Prioritize, align, and drive revenue-driving efforts for Custom across all key functions.
- Lead and manage detailed, cross-functional initiatives and launches from ideation to strategy to implementation to operational execution -- working with key product, content, sales and marketing leaders.
- Ideate, advise and execute on new monetization strategies & tactics and incorporate into business planning.
- Own the operating results for Custom and Marketplace, and think strategically about the company across its various components, partnering to execute on day-to-day business initiatives.
- Lead and support identification, definition, evaluation and prioritization of opportunities to execute the Company’s vision for these businesses based on key performance indicators.
- Provide ongoing guidance to manage the growth of revenues and market share
- Work collaboratively with corporate development and functional leaders to develop expansion strategies for Custom and Marketplace for new products, services, and geographical regions
Business Planning & Analytics
- Responsible for P&L management for Custom and Marketplace of revenue and direct contribution-related expenses (royalties / content, marketing spend, tech investment)
- Synthesize, summarize and present data analysis to support strategic decision making.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance, focusing on product performance, lifetime customer value, customer behavior and other trend drivers with a focus on proposing actions that should be taken to improve the business outcomes.
- Communicate key analytical insights and actions being taken to stakeholders across the company.
- Deep understanding of the content space
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Ability to grow and mentor staff
- Ability to analyze data to make decisive, fact-based decisions to run the Custom business
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at the C-level, and manage complex cross-functional initiatives with minimal direction
- Strong understanding of revenue metrics and KPIs with data analysis and financial modeling experience
- Communicate effectively with all disciplines and levels within the organization
- Prioritize work across competing efforts
- Ability to understand and manage through dependencies
- Demonstrated success in customer satisfaction
- Solution-focused based on business needs; willingness to develop alternatives
- Passionate and enthusiastic team-player as well as a self-starter.
- Ability to travel outside of Canada
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Tobi O.Associate Product Manager, Custom
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top