VP, Business Intelligence
- New York, NY
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), headquartered in New York City, is the premier tech and content platform providing beautiful and relevant visual and audio content for storytellers around the world to engage and captivate their audiences. The entrepreneurial spirit is deeply ingrained in our culture, and we are a dynamic and growing company with the financial strength and ongoing profitability to fuel our growth ambitions. We are currently seeking a results-oriented VP of Business Intelligence to join the Shutterstock team.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a team to evolve the company’s key metrics that generate actionable insight to empower data-driven decisions. By leveraging your experience and industry best practices, you will establish a vision for a Business Intelligence program for Shutterstock, and will be responsible for proactively identifying impactful business opportunities through in-depth analysis of our business metrics. In this role, you will work with members of the Executive Leadership Team to make informed decisions based on insight and analytics and turn insight into incremental growth and profit. You will work closely with the implementation teams to ensure key projects are being executed soundly.
The ideal candidate is a proactive leader with proven success in a cross-functional environment, a smart, strategic thinker who drives results, and someone who strives to keep things simple and get things done. This leader is well-experienced in solving complex business problems and communicating solutions through storytelling. This is a full-time position reporting to the VP/GM of Image and Motion, and is located in New York City.
- Contribute to meaningful revenue growth and margin improvement by generating business-focused, actionable insights by synthesizing data and obtaining organizational buy-in through effective communication
- Responsible for being an executive business leader for key business intelligence and executive-level reporting of business health
- Act as the primary data liaison between Marketing, Product, Finance, and other departments - drive cross-functional alignment and interface directly with leadership to elevate transparency across the organizations and to define and build data-informed business strategy and roadmaps
- Lead the Business Intelligence team and collaborate with the Data Science and Analytics team on evolving the data infrastructure, implementing reporting solutions, and running data projects
- Partner with business operations leads to identify areas of improvement, bottlenecks, possible solutions, and determine business requirements
- Solve complex business problems; communicate complex solutions through storytelling
- Work very closely with the Data Science and Analytics team to develop data governance, aligning the business on metrics definition and maintaining the quality frameworks
- Prioritize a pipeline of data requirements (e.g. support requests, ad-hoc analysis, and data projects), perform prioritization, establish timelines, and execute the projects
- Champion efforts across the company to collect, manage, and use internal and external data to drive better decision making
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum 8+ years of experience managing teams and successfully delivering analytic solutions, ideally in an eCommerce environment and/or a global technology company
- Strong analytical background with business acumen, and heavy experience in business and analytical consulting
- Possess a commanding knowledge of business intelligence for both B2B and B2C business models
- Strong statistical knowledge, ability to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets, and proficiency in SQL and data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, DOMO, etc., a must
- Robust understanding of online measurement and analytics, with the ability to provide meaningful and actionable insights and analysis. Digital attribution experience strongly preferred
- Expert level communication skills with a track record in relating technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Extensive experience attracting, managing, coaching, and retaining high-performing team
- Bachelors degree in computer science, MIS, mathematics, finance, statistics, or 10 years Business Intelligence experience required
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top