VP, Acquisition Marketing
Shutterstock is a two-sided marketplace that empowers the world’s storytellers. We help inspire creative professionals by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. And the people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors and colleagues alike.
The Vice President, Markeitng Acquisition is an exciting opportunity to lead in a dynamic, fast-paced, continually evolving organization. As a key leader of our global performance marketing team, you will be responsible for working with our local and international markets to drive growth through paid marketing channels, including paid search, display, and social media. You have historical success in using an analytical, data-driven approach to testing new ideas and concepts, optimizing current tactics, staying current on the latest technologies and trends in performance marketing, and you have a track record of driving demand internationally. You enjoy being a successful leader, and are confident that you can support your team to consistently meet or exceed company goals and objectives.
This position reports to the CMO and is based out of Shutterstock’s New York headquarters in the Empire State Building.
- Develop and execute global growth strategy through the following channels:
- Social Media
- Third-Party Emails
- Optimize site conversion and profitability
- Report key marketing analytics, tracking and testing data to key stakeholders
- Partner with Product Marketing on go-to-market strategy
- Partner with Creative for development of marketing collateral
- Recommend and help implement marketing technologies and vendors that will help to drive efficiencies and profitability
- Minimum of 10 years experience in digital marketing
- Minimum 5 years experience leading the acquisition marketing function
- Significant eCommerce and direct marketing experience
- Significant global experience
- Strong communication skills and a proven track record of communicating a vision and roadmap along with the resourcing needs to achieve it
- Ability to build strategic plans and execute against them
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and experience leading through change
- Operates successfully in a cross-functional environment
- Understands the brand, its customers and Shutterstock’s positioning across customer segments
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Show clear, logic-based decision-making with a sense of urgency around meeting business objectives
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or related field, MBA preferred
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top