Vice President, Brand Marketing
- New York, NY
Shutterstock’s mission is to help creative professionals from all backgrounds and businesses of all sizes produce their best work with incredible content and innovative tools, all on one platform.
Shutterstock is seeking an experienced VP of Brand Marketing to shape our unique brand strategy and convey our compelling story of empowering story-tellers around the globe. This dynamic leader will serve as a strategic partner and subject matter expert when it comes to all aspects of the Shutterstock brand.
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role will oversee a multi-functional team (including Communications, Public Relations, and Events) to drive cohesion across brand positioning. The VP of Brand Marketing will also work collaboratively with a team of senior leaders across the organization to align brand messaging to target audiences and business objectives.
- Grow revenue by improving brand awareness and equity globally, positioning Shutterstock as a thought leader on critical trends impacting key customer segments and driving integration across Marketing and with other key functions (Sales, Product).
- Evolve and execute on Shutterstock’s brand framework narrative, positioning, and key pillars.
- Develop and enforce the brand positioning for the core Shutterstock brand (including category extensions), endorsed brands, and control brands in all marketing and communications activities.
- Leverage data and user research to track and evaluate brand performance and develop insight-based recommendations to deliver the most effective targeted campaigns and brand experiences.
- Partner with internal Creative and Content teams to produce and curate compelling cross-channel marketing elements for Shutterstock’s brand, licensing, events, and partnerships.
- Work with our Chief Human Resources Officer and Internal Communications team on Shutterstock’s corporate brand strategy.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with a proven track record in driving marketing and branding programs (experience building and managing a global brand is a big plus)
- Compelling storyteller with a demonstrated ability to craft a clear narrative and paint a captivating brand vision.
- Strategic thinker who can understand business complexities and develop an innovative and creative brand marketing plan that addresses these nuances.
- Effective communicator who is comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences and stakeholders at various levels.
- Exceptional leader and team player with proven ability to lead through influence and work effectively both independently and collaboratively within fast-paced, diverse cross-functional teams.
- Dynamic and adaptable project manager with a strong ability to establish processes and drive project execution with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, with the ability to translate data into action
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top