UX Designer, Enterprise Tools
Shutterstock is a technology company that powers one of the world’s largest marketplaces for high-quality photos, illustrations, videos and music used by businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations of all sizes.
Shutterstock is made up of independent thinkers, technologists, and designers – working collaboratively to do compelling work, create cool stuff, and inspire each other. In the process, we’re building sophisticated tools to help the world experience images, footage, and music in a more beautiful way.
Because we are a digital business, the Shutterstock UX team designs the business and all the customer and contributor experiences. We are service designers, product designers, interaction designers and interface designers. We are responsive and know what our customers are doing and what platform they’re doing it on. We think globally and advocate for the individual. That means quantitative, qualitative and analytical research. It also means lots of collaboration with product owners and developers. And because we’re agile, we are quick on our feet and know how to iterate. But most of all we are compassionate - we want to solve problems and solve them with integrity.
As a UX Designer, you’ll tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for our global contributors and employees. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers throughout the design process — from creating user flows and wireframes to building user-interface mockups and prototypes.
Your responsibility is to the user and you will care for her throughout the customer journey. You will empathize with and thoroughly understand the goals, desires and preferences of all of the Shutterstock users. As a 2-sided marketplace and our enterprise tools are the life of the organization and require smart solutions.
- Contribute to over all growth of the UX team and collaborate with team members to deliver the strongest solutions possible.
- Contribute to the success and team dynamic of your product team including multi-disciplinary work sessions and respectful
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, UI design, and user research and testing
- Manage streams of work and collaborate to ensure product synchronicity
- Estimate effort and know when to ask for support
- Own solutions by presenting work and rationale to stakeholders and being accountable to timelines and project needs
- Make platform and display considerations that support the customer and business
- Conceptualize and articulate strong, user-centered and delightful interactions, while balancing the needs of the business and the capabilities of technology
- Nurture the customer journey and ensure a narrative holds the journey together
- Assist on research initiatives, including drafting research plans and surveys and writing research screeners and compiling research results
- Think strategically and recommend solutions, interactions and hierarchy to build a beautiful experience.
- You understand system design and can apply a design library
- 3 + years of experience. Internships will be considered
- Degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Motion, Architecture, Urban Planning, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
- Ideally you know Sketch, and the Adobe Suite. Coding is a BIG plus.
- You know the difference between responsive and adaptive. And why sometimes native is better.
- You can create a basic prototype.
- You understand the cycles of an in-house designer
- You have worked in the Agile methodology and how UX fits into that practice
- You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills and can articulate your decision and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace
- You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risks arise.
- You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value. There is an attention to detail that borders on neurotic
- You put pen to paper before you pick up a mouse
- Curiosity that drives you to look at the world as a solution instead of just existing patterns and mental models
- You know what it means to follow a style guide
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top