Technical Program Manager
As a Technical Program Manager at Shutterstock, you lead complex, multidisciplinary technical initiatives that span multiple product and engineering teams in an Agile environment. You work with Product Owners and Software Development Managers across our Scrum teams and usher initiatives through to completion. This includes managing cross-team technical dependencies and sprint schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating updates to stakeholders. Your initiatives often span offices, time zones and sometimes hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all team members coordinated on the progress and deadlines. You are a leader who believes in empowering and motivating teams.
- Develop cross-team project plans and programs and manage dependencies for many of the company’s large product initiatives and strategies
- Manage regular interactions between multiple product, design and engineering teams (Scrum-of-Scrums)
- Raise risks and issues and work with teams directly in resolving them before they become problems
- Build strong partnerships across Shutterstock's technical and product organizations and serve as the interface between the product teams and other departments in the organization
- Use expert project management skills to build project plans or program-level plans to include forecasting, road maps, resource planning, identifying/mitigating risk.
- Strong technical background with a BS in engineering, or similar discipline
- 3-5 years experience managing technical programs with Agile teams at a digital product and/or tech-driven company
- Experience working with cross-functional Agile teams
- Motivated by working on large, complex projects and helping those around you be more effective
- Analytical and takes a structured approach to breaking down work into understandable and manageable chunks
- Collaborative, with a proven track record of gaining shared vision and making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with modern project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Trello, TargetProcess, etc) and Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and cross-functional leadership skills
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Scrum Master / Agile Coaching experience
- Experience as an engineer or developer for a technology company
- Experience managing projects in a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: ), is a leading global provider of , , , and to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns , a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a ; PremiumBeat a curated library; Rex Features, a premier source of for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based for businesses.
For more information, please visit and follow Shutterstock on and on .
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top