Tax Director - Associate Tax Counsel
- Overall responsibility for federal, state and local and international tax matters in the following areas:
- Planning and Day to Day Transactional: Assist in formulating, implementing, resolving and documenting tax structures, transactions, issues and transfer pricing aspects thereof…Expected overall portion of role: 50% (33% federal, 33% S&L, 33% international)
- Responsible (partial with senior Tax Director) for SOX oversight, primary interaction with other departments (legal, HR), and other AD HOC projects as they arise: Overall: 30%
- Miscellaneous (20%):
- Compliance: Provide assistance (expected to be on an oversight basis but some hand’s on effort may be required) all compliance including federal income tax return, other jurisdictional regulatory filings.
- Controversy: Responsible for (expected to be on an oversight basis though with some hands on effort expected) all controversy processes at the federal, state and local and international levels.
- Vendor/Contributor compliance: Responsible for ensuring that all appropriate departments are working to ensure 100% proper compliance with respect to all withholding and reporting in connection with all payments received and made.
- Manage the Company’s QI initiative.
- TOTAL : 100%
- 10 - 15 years in combination of corporate (preferably U.S. based SEC reporting company) and BIG 4, with working experience in all of the above areas.
- Excellent demonstrable strong technical tax skills, particularly federal, U.S. taxation of international, state and local.
- Hands on and business oriented mind-set.
- Strong knowledge of transfer pricing and OECD guidelines especially BEPS.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Minimum Education; BS Degree in Accounting; J.D. or advanced degree in Taxation.
- 0 to 35% travel possible
- Strong understanding of U.S. taxation of international operations including OECD and treaty implications, and indirect taxes (i.e., sales and use, foreign VAT and GST).
- Foreign country experience, especially jurisdictions in ASIAPAC and LATAM regions.
- Experience in high-technology with an understanding of taxation issues arising in e-commerce and digital marketplace.
- Multiple language skills.
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top