At Shutterstock, we help companies and professionals catch the eyes of millions of users by providing high-quality stock photography, music and videos to create beautiful things. Our team of skilled engineers builds new features, products and services on a daily basis pushing code to production over a hundred times a day. Shutterstock’s Systems Engineering Team is on a mission to empower engineers to be able to architect and deploy applications. We aim to leverage a wide range of technologies to build a self-service system to enable product teams and developers to build and scale services rapidly.
As a part of the Systems Engineering team, your time will be spent helping with the architecture, provisioning, deployment and support of Infrastructure services, helping developers interface with those services, as well as championing best practices. The Systems Engineering team are subject matter experts for common components that are part of the stack such as hardware, OS and core system services such as Configuration Management.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve, and escalate infrastructure issues.
- Continually look for opportunities to develop solutions through automation; participates in teams dedicated to continuous improvement
- Automate operation, installation and monitoring of: NGINX, Ubuntu, CoreOS, CentOS RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and others
- Performance analysis and capacity planning
- Troubleshoot and debug internal/external cloud ecosystem run-time issues
- Provide developer and operations documentation
- OS and hardware level optimizations
- Significant experience working with web and networking technologies and protocols
- Proven experience building and scaling out and managing large distributed services
- 2+ years of AWS/Cloud experience
- 2+ years of Puppet experience
- 4+ years of experience with running a large infrastructure Service
- 3+ years of SRE or System Administration/Engineering experience
- Monitoring: New Relic, Check_MK (OMD) or Nagios
- VMWare or related experience
- The ability to move up and down the stack (can debug web applications, the backend systems behind them, and have an understanding of the network and protocol concepts in between).
- Message queuing experience (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis etc.)
- Key/Value store experience (Memcache, Riak, etc.)
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world.
Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, SanFrancisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top