Shutterstock is a technology company that powers one of the world’s largest marketplaces for high-quality photos, illustrations, videos and music used by businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations of all sizes.
Shutterstock is made up of independent thinkers, technologists, and designers – working collaboratively to do compelling work, create cool stuff, and inspire each other. In the process, we’re building sophisticated tools to help the world experience images, footage, and music in a more beautiful way.
As SVP, Global Sales you will be responsible for owning the entire revenue generation process and be held accountable for building consultative relationships with clients to solve strategic issues and generate opportunities. This role will be both strategic and hands-on, managing and working with senior management in order to develop new and advance current revenue models. This position reports directly to the COO.
Shutterstock is building sophisticated tools to help the world experience images and videos in a more beautiful way. They believe that the harmonious union of design and technology can influence globalcommunication. Shutterstock is made up of independent thinkers, technologists and designers working collaboratively to do compelling work, create cool stuff, and inspire one another. They have moved well beyond start-up but aspire to retain an innovative, collaborative, and visionary culture while professionalizing and continuing to grow the business.
Shutterstock’s Vision, Strategy and Values:
Shutterstock is a global creative platform empowering customers with compelling content, innovative tools, and valuable services.
We believe that we will make this vision a reality by focusing on our:
- Platform: Developing technology and solutions that engage our customers and help them to achieve their goals.
- Network: Growing the universe of customers who engage on our platform.
- Talent: Attracting great people and cultivating a culture in which they reach their greatest potential.
- Empower our customers through our customer obsession and innovation.
- Work together through strong collaboration and candid communication.
- Deliver results by being accountable and focused on a sense of urgency.
- Will own the entire revenue generation process accountable for developing new revenue opportunities/models and leading key client account strategy and planning.
- Will build consultative relationships with clients to solve strategic issues and generate opportunities and engage on the projects to maximize high value customers.
- Must collaborate across the company to align and achieve financial and cultural goals.
- Lead and manage the revenue strategy, teams and all revenue-generation & execution opportunities.
- Identify and create client and data driven solution oriented sales opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing to create innovative proactive and reactive ideas and programs leveraging Shutterstock’s full suite of assets.
- Develop winning strategies and partnership programs for top/key growth accounts
- Generate scalable, repeatable and predictable revenue streams.
- Manage the sales/account teams, and lead Sales strategy.
- Responsible for meeting quarterly and annual revenue account targets by owning the sales strategy from conception to execution.
- Build and maintain channel of high quality client relationships and partnerships.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, revenue forecasts, reports and analysis, and ensure clear communication to executive leadership team and stakeholders.
- Build a performance driven culture with a social, customer execution and growth focus.
- Proven experience at running successful sales organizations and/or business development teams.
- Demonstrated success in sales strategy planning and execution
- Strong collaborator that works well cross functionally, across the company, and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ambitious and passionate about the company's growth in the marketplace.
- Ability to inspire creativity throughout the organization.
- A high-degree of analytical acumen.
- Ability to construct financial and other reporting models to assess and report performance.
- Demonstrated ability to assess the financial impact of current and proposed sales practices.
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the organization’s overall effectiveness.
- Enterprise and SMB experience
- Operational mindset with strong dose of curiosity to achieve outcomes.
- Proven ability to affect transformation of product and process in a competitive environment.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as getting into the weeds when necessary.
- Experience with at least one of our enterprise customer verticals (agency, corp, media, smb) with a professional network that can enable closing opportunities.
- Experience with commission plan management and execution
- Strategic, with one foot in the field: They set the vision and constantly tweak all the levers a company has, to generate revenue based on fresh data. This includes functions such as sales, marketing and customer success.
- Collaborative: They work with departmental heads of the organization and understand the role of revenue generation within all of them.
- Customer focused: They understand the difference between hunting versus farming sales cycles –where hunting is focused on customer acquisition, compared to farming which looks at nurturing the customer relationship and growing revenue from within.
- Data driven: Identifying trends in customer behavior is critical to success and as such, they closely follow sales, product usage, churn, renewals and competitors – leveraging this data to fine-tune their revenue generation engine.
Long-term and short-term focused: They focus on meeting today’s targets, while building for tomorrow’s success in a predictable and scalable way.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top