Sr. Software Engineer
Shutterstock is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company operating within a disruptive industry for over 15 years. Well-positioned as the leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content library in the world, including leading collections of images, vectors, music, and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for an expanding global customer base.
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our software engineering teams and help drive the future of our platform. You will be working with highly-motivated and extremely talented engineers on backend services with quality, performance, and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Improving internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
- Collaborating on the vision of the services under the team's ownership.
- Building the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production performance.
- Engineers are expected to support systems they develop in production which involves on-call. The actual periods and frequency vary by team.
- At least 7+ years of relevant software development experience
- Full-stack software development experience
- Strong experience with Node.js.
- Very strong knowledge of how the Web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc).
- Experience building and designing highly scalable services, and RESTful API’s that power multiple consumers.
- Experience with SOA architecture working on distributed/high trafficked systems.
- Familiarity with at least one RDBMS technology.
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Solid software development fundamentals (Data Structures, algorithms, problem-solving, OO Design, and system architecture).
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Has a good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests, and automated testing.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Experience with advanced front end frameworks for example React, Vue.js etc.
- Ruby development experience.
- Experience working with Cloud based infrastructures like AWS and container based deployments like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of automated configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience building event-driven or message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience working in an agile environment
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 180 million images and more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
To see some of our featured Open Source projects go to: http://tech.shutterstock.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top