Sr. Platform Engineer
At Shutterstock we help companies and professionals catch the eyes and ears of millions of users by providing high-quality stock photography, music and videos to create beautiful things. Shutterstock’s infrastructure teams are on a mission to build, maintain and constantly improve the foundation supporting Shutterstock’s applications, data storage and delivery. You will work with and be responsible for a wide variety of technologies to maximize value and efficiency. You will spend time helping other engineers leverage our resources to design and deploy the next generation of Shutterstock. This is an opportunity to stretch and grow with an experienced team.
- Collaborate with product engineers to manage capacity, balancing internal and cloud infrastructure.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve and escalate infrastructure issues.
- Provide feedback and guidance on architecture proposals from across the organization.
- Focus on a broad range of systems to review, recommend and execute strategies for maintaining and improving Linux based systems and supporting packages.
- Continually look for opportunities to develop solutions through automation; participates in teams dedicated to Continuous Integration.
- Advocate operational best practices to technical and product teams via Tech-Talks and training presentations.
- Create and advocate best practices for code, code-review and code adoption in configuration management systems.
- Drive process and company-wide communications, including post mortems, incident reports and project lifecycle documentation.
- Drive automation, monitoring and horizontal scalability of key systems.
- Remove single point of failures, reliability weak points and performance bottlenecks.
- Respond to outages and/or performance incidents in Shutterstock applications.
- Participate in collaborative software development, including code review.
- Ownership, initiative and drive.
- Writing clean, readable, maintainable code.
- Programming and scripting experience in at least one language (Go, Python, Ruby, etc).
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- The ability to move up and down the stack (can debug web applications, the backend systems behind them, and have an understanding of the network and protocol concepts in between).
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Git/Github.
- Containerization and Docker
- Web and networking technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, Load Balancers, etc.).
- Configuration management using Puppet, Chef, or Ansible (Puppet 4 and Hiera experience is a plus)
- Message queuing (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis etc.)
- Key/Value store (Memcache, Riak, etc.)
- AWS tools and services
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top