Software Engineer, Shared Services
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our Montreal team and help drive the future of our platform. You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on backend services with quality, performance and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects. The engineer will play a major role in the development of key applications and will report to the Director of Technology of the Music & Video Business Unit.
- Play a major role in the development of key applications and services in the Premiumbeat.com / Shutterstock ecosystem.
- Take the lead on the development of important products / applications in the medium-term.
- Maintain, optimize and plan improvements for our existing systems.
- Emphasize user experience while maintaining good technical integrity.
- Contribute to and help shape the strategic technology vision for the Music Business Unit.
- Collaborate with our diverse and talented team and maintain a high level of excellence across the board.
- Experience building and designing highly scalable services, and RESTful API’s that power multiple consumers.
- Multi-year production experience building and maintaining service oriented backend systems
- Expert level Node JS with good knowledge of the key libraries
- Experience Express framework and/or other web frameworks
- Experience programming in at least one of the following: Node.js, Java, Scala, GO, PHP, C/C++
- Proficient in both relational and nonrelational databases
- Experience with building concurrent and/or distributed systems
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and other cloud service providers
- Basic understanding of DevOps and Unix systems
- Comfortable with a Git and Continuous Integration workflow
- Ability to both work independently and be a team player
- Communication and organization skills
- ASSET: Experience with asynchronous programming (asyncio, Twisted, etc...)
- ASSET: Experience with search technologies (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- ASSET: Experience with end-to-end testing automation framework (Nightwatch, Protractor, etc..)
- ASSET: Experience with SQL and noSQL databases
- Experience with a Crossbar.io / LAMP / Autobahn stack
- Experience with asynchronous programming (asyncio, Twisted, etc...)
- Experience with search technologies (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Exprience with Python, AngularJS, PHP
- Experience with end-to-end testing automation framework (Nightwatch, Protractor, etc..)
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top