Software Engineer, Search Platform
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our software engineering teams and help drive the future of our platform. You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on backend services with quality, performance, and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects.
As a Search Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for building the innovative search platform used to power Shutterstock’s best-in-class image and video search engine:
- You will provide technical mentorship to other members of the team, and leverage your experiences to vocalize best practices and ensure proper sustainable engineering standards are followed.
- You will strive to continually improve and simplify the search infrastructure and will apply your love of tackling challenging problems to innovate on core search areas such as indexing, query execution, metrics tracking, maintaining 5 9s of uptime, and scaling for the future.
- You will design and code massively scalable services to provide a continually improving search experience, and your work will be seen by millions of customers daily.
- Passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale.
- Passionate about helping your teammates grow, and continually expanding the team’s tech knowledge
- Experience writing large scalable applications
- Experience deep diving and solving complex issues in a distributed system.
- Enjoy optimizing system performance of a large distributed system.
- Able to shepherd projects from prototype stage into production
- Fluent in a few programming languages, dynamic and static
- Experience with JVM languages like Java or Scala
- Background in test-driven development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of development experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig, HBase, Hive or related technologies a plus
- Experience with Solr/ElasticSearch and Lucene a plus.
- Java 8 or higher
- Python 3
- AWS Experience - EC2, ASG, Lambda
- Experience working on Linux
- Open source experience a plus
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Back to top