Software Engineer, Music Internal Tools
- Montreal, Canada
Shutterstock is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company operating within a disruptive industry for over 15 years. Well-positioned as a leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content library in the world, including leading collections of images, vectors, music, and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for an expanding global customer base.
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our Music Internal Tools (MIT) engineering team to help drive the future growth of our e-commerce platform. This team’s mission is to provide a frictionless experience for contributors from their onboarding to reporting back on their sales through the tools we build. The team is responsible for the database that manages all audio tracks submitted by contributors through Shutterstock Music and PremiumBeat. You will be working with highly-motivated and talented engineers on a full-stack system with quality, performance, and scale in mind at every step of the way.
Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of services to prioritization of projects.
- Build and maintain Shutterstock’s music ingestion pipeline, the system which receives, reviews, and approves audio track submissions.
- Publish tracks and metadata to other systems within the company such as internal search engines and various other applications.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring
- Improving internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
- Engineers are expected to support systems they develop in production which involves on-call duties. The actual periods and frequency vary by team.
- A passion for UI and UX.
- Strong understanding of software maintainability and life-cycle.
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Software development fundamentals (Data structures, algorithms, problem-solving).
- Front-end software development experience (Typescript and ReactJS).
- Knowledge of how the Web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc).
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Has a good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests, and automated testing.
- Advanced experience with the ReactJS framework.
- Experience unit testing front-end applications with Enzyme, Jest and react-testing-library or similar.
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Back-end software development experience (APIs and databases).
- Experience with Python, NodeJS, Java, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with cloud technologies (such as AWS/GCP/Kubernetes/Docker)
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top