Software Engineer, Localization
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to build our internationalization frameworks and localization features. Your work will continually improve the global experience used worldwide by millions of customers daily. At Shutterstock, developers work on small cross-functional teams that have a voice in setting their own priorities and work to build and deploy applications iteratively.
- Contribute to all aspects of the projects under the team’s ownership, including design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Play a major role in the development of key libraries, services, and tools within the Shutterstock ecosystem.
- Support the administration and development of Shutterstock’s translation databases and keyword translation dictionaries.
- Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Collaborate on the vision of supporting our users globally in their desired language throughout all of our tech stacks.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Node.js, Python, Ruby, Modern Perl, PHP, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience working with Unicode data: input, processing, formatting, output.
- Experience in SQL and at least one RDBMS.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO Design, and system architecture).
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests, and automated testing.
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Experience working with translations in apps, sites, or services.
- Experience working with data localization: numbers, prices, dates, times, etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 297 million images and more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Tobi O.Associate Product Manager, Custom
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top