Software Engineer, Localization
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to build our internationalization frameworks and localization features. Your work will continually improve the global experience used worldwide by millions of customers daily. At Shutterstock, developers work on small cross-functional teams that have a voice in setting their own priorities and work to build and deploy applications iteratively.
- Contributing to all aspects of the projects under the team’s ownership, including design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Play a major role in the development of key libraries, services, and tools within the Shutterstock ecosystem.
- Collaborating on the vision of supporting our users globally in their desired language throughout all of our tech stacks.
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Node.js, Python, Ruby, Modern Perl, PHP, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience working with Unicode data: input, processing, formatting, output.
- Experience in SQL and at least one RDBMS.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem-solving, OO Design, and system architecture).
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests, and automated testing.
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Experience working with translations in apps, sites, or services.
- Experience working with data localization: numbe
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world.
Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently, has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, SanFrancisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top