Software Engineer, Image Activation
As a leader in the stock photo industry, Shutterstock is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Image Activation Engineering team. We strongly believe that in order to put our customers first, we must work closely with them to not only understand their needs but architect solutions that improve their day to day flow. Our core belief is that in order for Shutterstock to succeed, teams and individual team members must be empowered to work with each other to develop the solution that best meets the needs of everyone involved.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring
- Improving internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's no
- Excited about making usable, interactive interfaces and in love with building things that have never existed
- Curious and passionate about finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Able communicators that are used to talking through problems and feel a deep need to share the cool stuff that they're working on with others
- Building the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, and that provides plenty of insight into production performance
- Passion for building dynamic user interfaces, with animations, responsiveness, and performance
- Experience with different front-end frameworks, and more especially React/Redux
- Experience in building tools like Webpack, NPM scripts
- Experience in SASS, and CSS Modules
- Good knowledge and understanding of API architecture and design patterns
- Proficient in Nodejs and ExpressJS
- Comfortable with a Git and Continuous Integration workflow
- Comfortable with developing RESTful API routes and investigating back-end issues
- Ability to work in MacOS and Linux (through SSH)
- Ability to debug and understand application performance metrics and dashboards using analytics providers, such as New Relic or Datadog
- Ability to both work independently and be a team player
- Communication and organization skills
- Experience with utilizing cloud-based log management providers, such as Sumologic
- Experience with automated configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile environment
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
To see some of our featured Open Source projects go to: http://tech.shutterstock.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top