Software Engineer, Contributor
As a leader in the stock photo industry, Shutterstock is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Contributor engineering team. We strongly believe that in order to put our customers first, we must work closely with them to not only understand their needs but architect solutions that improve their day to day flow. Our core belief is that in order for Shutterstock to succeed, teams and individual team members must be empowered to work with each other to develop the solution that best meets the needs of everyone involved.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services and applications under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Play a major role in the development of key applications and services within the Shutterstock and Content ecosystem.
- Collaboration with others to develop best practices.
- Experience with Node.js, working knowledge of the key libraries.
- Very strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc)
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving)
- Able to write clean, readable, maintainable and well-tested code.
- Familiarity with performance and debugging tools like Firebug, YSlow, Charles, Fiddler.
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing.
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Strong understanding of cross-browser / cross-platform issues
- Experience with single page applications
- Basic knowledge of a server-side scripting language (Perl, Ruby, PHP, C++, etc)
- Experience with React/Flux/ NuclearJS/Immutable.JS
- End-to-end testing automation frameworks (Nightwatch, Mocha, Chai, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile environment
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top