Software Engineer, Content Pipeline
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our Content Pipeline team and help drive the future of our platform. You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on backend services with quality, performance, and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects. The engineer will play a major role in the development of key applications and will report to the Software Development Manager of Content Pipeline.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Improving internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
- Collaborating on the vision of the services under the team's ownership.
- Building the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, and that provides plenty of insight into production performance.
- Engineers are expected to support systems they develop in production which involves on-call. The actual periods and frequency vary by team.
- Experience building and designing highly scalable services, and RESTful API’s that power multiple consumers.
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Strong Software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, Object-Oriented programming, architecture, algorithms, and problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding and experience working on distributed/high trafficked systems, and preferably real-time systems and workflows with an emphasis on end-to-end speed
- Experience building event-driven or message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Experience programming in at least one of the following: Node.js, Java, Scala, GO, PHP, C/C++
- Proficient in both relational and nonrelational databases
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and other cloud service providers
- Basic understanding of DevOps and Unix systems
- Comfortable with a Git and Continuous Integration/continuous delivery workflow
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to both work independently and be a team player
- Expert level Node JS with good knowledge of the key libraries
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Experience with and enthusiasm for agile principles and values
- Experience working in Perl language
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top