Software Engineer, Content Pipeline
Shutterstock is looking for a passionate and motivated software engineer II to join our team and help drive the future of our platform. You will be working with extremely talented engineers, focusing on quality, performance, and scale at every step. Our users are our number one priority and we strive to deliver the best. We strongly believe in teamwork, creativity, and ownership of systems and services we develop.
- Contribute to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review and pairing.
- Continuous improvement of internal team processes. innovate, create and the vision of the services with your team the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually scales over time, and that provides plenty of insight into production performance.
- Support production environments on an on-going basis which involves being on-call. The actual periods and frequency vary by team.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience programming in at least one of the following: Node.js, Java, Perl, Scala, Go, PHP, C/C++
- Strong software development fundamentals and the ability to self-teach.
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience building distributed services/applications which scale elegantly
- Proficient in both relational and nonrelational databases
- Basic understanding of DevOps and Unix systems
- Comfortable with a Git and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) workflow
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to both work independently and be a team player
- Node.js experience with good knowledge of key libraries
- Experience building message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and other cloud service providers
- Experience with automated configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience building event-driven or message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience with end-to-end automated testing frameworks
- Experience working in an agile environment
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top