Software Engineer - Back End
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our Montreal team and help drive the future of our platform. You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on backend services with quality, performance and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects. The engineer will play a major role in the development of key applications and will report to the Director of Technology of the Music & Video Business Unit.
- Play a major role in the development of key applications and services in the Premiumbeat.com / Shutterstock ecosystem.
- Take the lead on the development of important products / applications in the medium-term.
- Maintain, optimize and plan improvements for our existing systems.
- Emphasize user experience while maintaining good technical integrity.
- Contribute to and help shape the strategic technology vision for the Music Business Unit.
- Collaborate with our diverse and talented team and maintain a high level of excellence across the board.
- Experience building and designing highly scalable services, and RESTful API’s that power multiple consumers.
- Multi-year production experience building and maintaining service oriented backend systems
- Expert level Node JS with good knowledge of the key libraries
- Experience Express framework and/or other web frameworks
- Experience programming in at least one of the following: Node.js, Java, Scala, GO, PHP, C/C++
- Proficient in both relational and nonrelational databases
- Experience with building concurrent and/or distributed systems
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and other cloud service providers
- Basic understanding of DevOps and Unix systems
- Comfortable with a Git and Continuous Integration workflow
- Ability to both work independently and be a team player
- Communication and organization skills
- ASSET: Experience with asynchronous programming (asyncio, Twisted, etc...)
- ASSET: Experience with search technologies (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- ASSET: Experience with end-to-end testing automation framework (Nightwatch, Protractor, etc..)
- ASSET: Experience with SQL and noSQL databases
- Experience with a Crossbar.io / LAMP / Autobahn stack
- Experience with asynchronous programming (asyncio, Twisted, etc...)
- Experience with search technologies (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Exprience with Python, AngularJS, PHP
- Experience with end-to-end testing automation framework (Nightwatch, Protractor, etc..)
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top