Software Engineer, API
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our API team and help drive the future of our platform. You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on backend services with quality, performance and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Improving internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
- Setting the vision of the services under the team's ownership.
- Aligning roadmap based on customer and company desires.
- Building the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production performance.
- Experience building and designing highly scalable services, and RESTful API’s that power multiple consumers.
- Multi-year production experience building and maintaining web applications and\or backend systems at scale.
- Experience with NodeJS and good knowledge of the key libraries.
- Experience with Express framework and/or other web frameworks.
- Experience with SOA architecture working on distributed/high trafficked systems.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following: Node.js, Java, Scala, GO, PHP, C/C++
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Strong software development fundamentals (Data Structures, algorithms, problem solving, system architecture).
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Has a good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing.
- Experience with at least one RDBMS
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Experience with automated configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience building event-driven or message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience working in an agile environment
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top