Software Development Manager, Search Discovery
Shutterstock is looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to join our Search Discovery team. As Shutterstock continues to grow its collection and drive innovation around the search and discovery process, you will be working with outstanding engineers, data scientists and researchers to deliver innovative discovery experiences to Shutterstock’s customers. You will work closely with the team to leverage recent advances in deep learning and computer vision to wow our customers.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters innovation and open communication
- Think big, helping to unleash and channel the team’s collective creativity
- Assist the team in choosing robust, scalable architectural choices
- Work with the team and stakeholders to help ensure timely delivery of important search initiatives
- Help the team members continue to increase the breadth and depth of their technical and soft skills
- Perform personnel management tasks for all developers, including performance reviews, promotions, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with the management team to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders.
- Previous experience taking innovative prototypes all the way through to production
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers and data scientists
- Full-Stack software development experience architecting and building robust distributed systems that scale well
- Strong analytic, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of meeting schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Can explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Enthusiastic attitude and a desire to lead a dynamic and driven team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience (PhD a plus)
- 2 years in an engineering management/ team lead role
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- Professional experience working on search problems
- Data Science/ Machine Learning (ML) background
- Computer Vision experience
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top