Software Development Manager, Music
- Montreal, Canada
As a Software Development Manager, you are responsible for leading engineering teams in delivering software projects. Of course you manage the team’s performance and output, but you also deal with the rest of the business stakeholders: product, design, finance, analytics, audit, marketing, etc. You support the team by removing impediments, identifying and filling gaps, improving processes, or evangelizing best practices. You strive to develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity and open communication, as well as one that demands discipline and results. You share Shutterstock’s vision, and contribute by building, influencing, helping, motivating, aligning, and mentoring a team of software engineers.
- Proven track record of meeting aggressive schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that the highest priority objectives are met.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers.
- Full-stack software development experience building and designing web sites/services at scale (using one or more of Node.js/PHP/Python/React), powering global consumers.
- Strong software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, object-oriented/functional programming, systems architecture, algorithms and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc)
- Understanding and experience working on distributed, high-traffic systems, and preferably real-time systems and workflows with an emphasis on scalability and performance.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for agile principles and values
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience managing technical teams
- DevOps experience (CI/CD, Terraform, infrastructure, networking, configuration management)
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with Linux system administration and/or shell scripting
- Experience with test automation and test frameworks
- Experience with databases (MYSQL or Postgres)
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top