Software Development Manager, Identity Management
The Software Development Manager will help lead a team of Shutterstock’s Engineers in an agile environment. This position will be responsible for building and managing the Identity Management team to support foundation for Shutterstock products.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity and open communication, as well as one that demands discipline and results
- Build a first-class Engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any organizational gaps
- Be responsible for the output of the Identity Management Engineering team
- Work with, train and mentor developers to lead and manage their own teams
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency
- Investigate, analyze, and evangelize (if necessary) programming methodologies such as test-driven development, pair programming, etc.
- Perform personnel management tasks for all developers, including hiring, firing, performance reviews, promotions, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth
- Train new developers on our standards, culture, and policies
- Attend all developer meetings and take responsibility for resolving problems
- Work with the Chief Architect to help refine and improve the codebase
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders
- Proven track record of meeting aggressive schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
- Full-Stack software development experience building and designing websites using any modern development languages at scale, powering multiple consumers.
- Strong Software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, Object-Oriented programming, architecture, algorithms and problem solving skills.
- Very strong knowledge of how the Web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc)
- Deep understanding and experience working on distributed/high trafficked systems, and preferably real-time systems and workflows with an emphasis on end-to-end speed
- Experience with and enthusiasm for agile principles and values
- Strong analytic, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that the highest priority objectives are met
- Strong understanding of the editorial image/footage market; experience working for or closely with publishing clients highly desired
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top