Software Development Manager, Data Infrastructure
Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds and our data is too. We are looking for an ambitious Software Development Manager for our Data Infrastructure team with a passion for big data, data modeling, perfect numbers, and insightful analysis. As the organization evolves so has its dependence on data - we are looking for a leader to expand the ways we get data into the hands of decision makers, analysts, and developers across our multiple businesses. Great candidates will be able to understand the big picture needs of a publicly traded international eCommerce business and deliver information with speed, accuracy, and clarity.
- Manage and guide a team of data engineers
- Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Manipulating massive datasets quickly and efficiently in both relational and Hadoop data stores both in and out of the cloud, AWS experience desired
- Advise executives, product owners, business owners and Agile teams on new products, user workflows, financial impacts and data development strategy
- Experience designing and developing ETL code to load and transform the source data from various formats
- Architecting, implementing, and automating systems to improve our internal processes
- Working with various Agile product teams across the organization to help understand their needs and address them via DW and reporting solutions
- Strong communication skills are a must because of the close work with several teams throughout the organization
- Strong understanding of data access patterns and impacts on performance for relational and dimensional models
- Understanding of columnar data storage formats
- Experience with Kafka, Kinesis
- Experience developing software in one of the following languages: Python, Java/Scala (or other JVM language)
- Experience with Cloud [AWS components, including Redshift]
- Experience with providing solutions to data science teams
- Experience with an ETL tool such as Luigi, Airflow, SnapLogic, Pentaho, Talend, etc
- Experience with dimensional modeling patterns
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 190,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 125 million images and more than 6 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top