Software Development Manager
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity and open communication, as well as one that demands discipline and results
- Build a first-class Engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any organizational gaps
- Be responsible for the output of the Identity Management Engineering team
- Work with, train and mentor developers to lead and manage their own teams
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency
- Investigate, analyze, and evangelize (if necessary) programming methodologies such as test-driven development, pair programming, etc.
- Perform personnel management tasks for all developers, including hiring, firing, performance reviews, promotions, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth
- Train new developers on our standards, culture, and policies
- Attend all developer meetings and take responsibility for resolving problems
- Work with the Chief Architect to help refine and improve the codebase
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders
- Proven track record of meeting aggressive schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
- Full-Stack software development experience building and designing websites using any modern development languages at scale, powering multiple consumers.
- Strong Software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, Object-Oriented programming, architecture, algorithms and problem solving skills.
- Very strong knowledge of how the Web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc)
- Deep understanding and experience working on distributed/high trafficked systems, and preferably real-time systems and workflows with an emphasis on end-to-end speed
- Experience with and enthusiasm for agile principles and values
- Strong analytic, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that the highest priority objectives are met
- Strong understanding of the editorial image/footage market; experience working for or closely with publishing clients highly desired
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top