Software Development Engineer in Test
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our Montreal team and help drive the future of our platform. You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on backend and frontend services with quality, performance and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects. The engineer will play a major role in the development of key applications and will report to the Director of Technology of the Music & Video Business Unit.
- Play a major role in the development of applications and services in the Shutterstock ecosystem.
- Work collaboratively with our talented software engineering team to deploy and operate our systems.
- Develop automated scripts for web and mobile applications.
- Create automated test scripts, running test scripts, and testing defects.
- Collaborate with the development team to drive development of test automation frameworks.
- Create and maintain libraries and object repositories for automation frameworks.
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks.
- Create and maintain libraries and object repositories for the automation framework
- Assemble and understand QA metric; Identify problem areas in the product requiring engineering attention.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Ensure that the product build, packaging, and deployment always meet the needs of a Continuous Integration (CI) cycle
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Contribute to and help shape the strategic technology vision for the Music Business Unit.
- Multi-year production experience architecting, building and maintaining web applications and backend systems at scale.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Expertise in web application test automation (Selenium, Cucumber, or equivalent).
- Experience building or maintaining an automated test frameworks.
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Experience with continuous integration applications such as Jenkins.
- Experience with Python, and\or PHP, and\or Node JS along with good knowledge of the key libraries.
- Proficient in both relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with building concurrent and/or distributed systems.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and other cloud service providers.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Comfortable with a Git and Continuous Integration workflow.
- Ability to both work independently and be a team player.
- Communication and organization skills.
- Experience with Chef
- Experience with Selenium, WebDriver, Apium, Robotium, Cucumber
- Experience with mobile test automation
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top