Software Development Engineer in Test
- Denver, CO
Our Quality Org is looking to hire an SDET to drive quality and automated testing for across the Technology organization. SDET’s work in cross functional teams on test tools and frameworks so that writing tests is seamless and can be undertaken by any developer on the team (think TDD).
At Shutterstock an SDET should be proficient in coming up with test cases and describing how they can be written either by the SDET or another developer. A Shutterstock SDET should also be able to drive quality within the team by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels (unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, end to end tests, security tests. etc.) and creating/implementing test tools to make testing as efficient as possible.
- Be part of a stand-alone engineering team working closely with other engineers and product managers in rolling out enhancements and new features.
- Work on key features across Shutterstock.com.
- Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development process.
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks and influencing developers to move towards test driven development.
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations/enhancements and work with team in implementing and rolling them out.
- 1-3 years of experience in software testing and software development.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, algorithms and data structures.
- Knowledge of Web Architecture or Micro Service Architecture
- Unix and/or Linux; Unix tools and basic Unix scripting languages.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
- Build tests (manual & automated) based on acceptance criteria, maintain tests; track outcomes, and monitor for inconsistent results
- Lead the quality effort of software solutions for projects of sizable scope and impact
- Constantly evaluate bugs in the product with keenness to improve the system/software development process to prevent them from repeating
- Evaluate software quality to ensure that software is performing according to product requirements
- Drive quality across the team by constantly building easy-to-use / robust acceptance tests as well as influencing developers to move towards test-driven development
- Participate in executing manual test cases, where required in sprint as well as release regression testing
- Determine test case candidates for automation and create automation test scripts at either the UI or Integration layer, providing the appropriate validation as defined in the test case
- Adhere to the inverse pyramid of automation (Unit, Integration/Mid-Level and Acceptance Tests) to ensure robustness and in turn enabling faster deployment to production
- Be accountable for quality, report bugs, find root cause and follow them through the complete bug life cycle
- Be the single point of contact for quality and should act as Go-To person for quality during any major release / feature launch
- Creating a thorough test strategy for all major product launches (aka test plan) detailing scope, out of scope, responsibilities, testing types, timelines, tools, owners etc.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppeteer, Selenium, Cucumber, or Cypress
- Knowledge of open source technologies
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 297 million images and more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top