Senior Tax Manager
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK) is a rapidly growing and profitable tech company headquartered in New York City that empowers the world’s storytellers. We are seeking a Senior Tax Manager to join our team. This person will be heavily involved in reporting in compliance.
Overall responsibility for federal, state and local and international tax matters in the following areas:
- Reporting and Compliance: Responsible for (with Director oversight) ASC 740 tax provision preparation on a quarterly and annual basis, related financial statement accounts and financial statement disclosures, and preparation and completion of all compliance other than federal income tax return (although interface with outsourced service provider required). This includes meeting all state and local and federal income, state and local compliance requirements. Overall 60%
- Assist with compliance and reporting for indirect taxes (sales and use, withholding and VAT/GST) Overall: 10%
- Controversy: Responsible for (with Director oversight) all controversy processes at the federal, state and local and international levels. Overall: 5%
- Vendor/Contributor compliance: Responsible for ensuring that all appropriate departments are working to ensure 100% proper compliance with respect to all withholding and reporting in connection with all payments received and made. Manage the Company’s QI initiative. Overall: 10%
- Planning: Assist in formulating, implementing, resolving and documenting tax structures, transactions, issues…Overall: 5%
- Transfer Pricing: Assist in developing, documenting and substantiating TP positions: Overall 5%
- Assist in SOX oversight, and other AD HOC projects as they arise: Overall: 5%
- TOTAL : 100%
Experience and Qualification:
- 7 to 12 years in combination of corporate (preferably U.S. based SEC reporting company) and BIG 4, with working experience in all of the above areas.
- Excellent demonstrable strong technical and working skills in connection with ASC 740 and related materials.
- Excellent demonstrable strong technical tax skills, particularly federal, U.S. taxation of international, state and local.
- Hands on and business oriented mind-set.
- Knowledge of transfer pricing and OECD guidelines especially BEPS.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Minimum Education; BS Degree in Accounting; Advanced degree in Taxation, CPA.
- 0 to 10% travel possible
- Understanding and working knowledge of of indirect taxes (i.e., sales and use, foreign VAT and GST), and treaty implications.
- Foreign country experience, especially IFRS.
- Experience in high-technology with an understanding of taxation issues arising in e-commerce and digital marketplace.
- Multiple language skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top