Senior Software Engineer, Transactions
- Dublin, Ireland
Shutterstock is looking for a talented software engineer to build new backend services for our Transactions Platform. You will be working within a team of highly-motivated peers creating solutions that are high-quality, performant and scalable. The team is highly agile and operates in a paired programming model.
Shutterstock teams are empowered to own their applications. By joining our team, you will be involved in everything from the development of the software itself, to defining the vision for new services, prioritizing new projects and proactively making improvements to existing deployments.
- Contributing to all aspects of services the team is responsible for, including design, implementation, testing, refactoring, deployment and optimization
- Helping team members improve through code reviews, pairing and mentoring
- Improving internal team processes by identifying what is working and what is not, and taking action to change things for the better
- Collaborating with Product Managers, the management team and others to shape the vision for the team and its services
- Building technology the right way by designing simple, well-tested systems that deliver value immediately, can grow over time, and provide insights into production performance
- Supporting existing production deployments by participating in on-call hours during the workday and occasional after-hours rotations
- 5+ years of relevant, professional experience in back-end software development
- Expertise in Node.JS
- Experience building and designing highly scalable services, and RESTful APIs that power multiple consumers
- Experience with SOA architecture working on distributed/high trafficked systems
- Experience building event-driven or message-driven architectures using open source tools like RabbitMQ and Kafka or other commercial alternatives
- Familiarity with at least one RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, etc)
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests and other test automation.
- Experience working in an Agile + paired-programming environment with continuous integration and/or delivery
- Solid software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO Design, and systems architecture)
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Strong sense of ownership for what they build
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
Extra points for :
- Experience with other server-side languages (Ruby, Go, Java, Scala)
- TDD experience
- Familiarity with Typescript or another strongly-typed language
- Experience working with Cloud based infrastructures like AWS and container based deployments like Docker and Kubernetes.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top