Senior Software Engineer, Studio API
Shutterstock is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company operating within a disruptive industry for over 15 years. Well-positioned as a leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content library in the world, including leading collections of images, vectors, music, and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for an expanding global customer base.
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our Studio API engineering team to help drive the future growth of our internal orchestration API solution. You will be working with highly-motivated and talented engineers on a full-stack system with quality, performance, and scale in mind at every step of the way.
Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of services to prioritization of projects.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Improving internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
- Collaborating on the vision of the services under the team's ownership.
- Building the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, and which provide plenty of insight into production performance.
- Engineers are expected to support systems they develop in production which involves on-call. The actual periods and frequency vary by team.
- 10+ years of relevant software development experience
- Proficient in architecting REST-based Orchestration or Facade APIs
- Advanced knowledge of developing high throughput/low latency scalable services
- Expertise in node.js / express
- Knowledge of how the Web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, error handling, response time optimization, etc).
- Comfortable with JSON:API, Swagger, or OpenAPI specifications
- Knowledge of API security, authentication, and authorization
- Familiarity with containerized deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Software development fundamentals (Data structures, algorithms, problem-solving).
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Has a good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests, and automated testing.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo
- Experience with Typescript.
- Knowledge of the React front-end framework.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 297 million images and more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top