Senior Software Engineer (Java)
- Dublin, Ireland
Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to join our software engineering teams and help drive the future of our Search Platform. You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers on backend services with quality, performance and scale in mind at every step of the way. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects.
We place a high value on mentoring junior members and having all of the team included in arch reviews and any technical discussions. We work by collaborating and supporting one another to build the best in class software for our global customer base.
As a Search Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for building the innovative search platform used to power Shutterstock’s best-in-class image and video search engine:
- You will provide technical mentorship to other members of the team, and leverage your experiences to vocalize best practices and ensure proper sustainable engineering standards are followed.
- You will strive to continually improve and simplify the search infrastructure and will apply your love of tackling challenging problems to innovate on core search areas such as indexing, query execution, metrics tracking, maintaining 5 9s of uptime, and scaling for the future.
- You will design and code massively scalable services to provide a continually improving search experience, and your work will be seen by millions of customers daily.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional development experience
- Strong professional experience with Java Spring
- Experience writing large scalable applications
- Experience deep diving and solving complex issues in a distributed system.
- Able to shepherd projects from prototype stage into production
- Background in test-driven development
- Enjoy optimizing system performance of a large distributed system
- Passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale.
- Passionate about helping your teammates grow, and continually expanding the team’s tech knowledge
- Python experience an added bonus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Solr/ElasticSearch and Lucene a plus.
- Experience with Kafka
- Java 8 or higher
- Python 3
- AWS Experience - EC2, ASG, Lambda
- AI/Semantic Search experience
- Experience working on Linux
- Open source experience a plus
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top