Senior Software Engineer, Image Acquisition
As a leader in the stock photo industry, Shutterstock is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Image Acquisition Engineering team. We strongly believe that in order to put our customers first, we must work closely with them to not only understand their needs but architect solutions that improve their day to day flow. Our core belief is that in order for Shutterstock to succeed, teams and individual team members must be empowered to work with each other to develop the solution that best meets the needs of everyone involved.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring
- Improving internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not
- Excited about making usable, interactive interfaces and in love with building things that have never existed
- Curious and passionate about finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Able communicators that are used to talking through problems and feel a deep need to share the cool stuff that they're working on with others
- Building the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, and that provides plenty of insight into production performance
- Passion for building dynamic user interfaces, with animations, responsiveness, and performance
- Experience with React/Redux
- Experience in building tools like Webpack, NPM scripts
- Experience in SASS, and CSS Modules
- Good knowledge and understanding of API architecture and design patterns
- Proficient in Nodejs and ExpressJS
- Comfortable with a Git and Continuous Integration workflow
- Comfortable with developing RESTful API routes and investigating back-end issues
- Ability to work in MacOS and Linux (through SSH)
- Ability to debug and understand application performance metrics and dashboards using analytics providers, such as New Relic or Datadog
- Ability to both work independently and be a team player
- Communication and organization skills
- Experience with utilizing cloud-based log management providers, such as Sumologic
- Experience with automated configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile environment
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Product Support Specialist
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top