Senior Software Engineer, Contributor
Shutterstock is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Contributor engineering team (https://submit.shutterstock.com). We strongly believe that in order to put our customers first, we must work closely with them to not only understand their needs but provide solutions that improve their day to day flow. You will be working with highly motivated and extremely talented engineers in the team and will report to Software Development Manager, Contributor.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services and applications under the team's ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
- Play a major role in the development of key applications and services within the Shutterstock and Content ecosystem.
- Collaboration with others to develop best practices.
- Experience with Node.js, working knowledge of the key libraries.
- Very strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture working on distributed/high trafficked systems.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving)
- Able to write clean, readable, maintainable and well-tested code.
- Familiarity with performance and debugging tools for use in measuring web performance.
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing.
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Strong understanding of cross-browser / cross-platform issues
- Experience with single page applications
- Basic knowledge of a server-side scripting language (Perl, Ruby, PHP, C++, etc)
- Experience with Redux/GraphQL/Immutable.JS
- End-to-end testing automation frameworks (Nightwatch, Mocha, Chai, Selenium, Jest, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile environment
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top