Senior Search Platform Engineer
- As a Senior Search Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for building the innovative search platform used to power Shutterstock’s best-in-class image and video search engine.
- You will provide technical mentorship to other members of the team, and leverage your experiences to vocalize best practices and ensure proper sustainable engineering standards are followed.
- You will strive to continually improve and simplify the search infrastructure, and will apply your love of tackling challenging problems to innovate on core search areas such as indexing, query execution, metrics tracking, maintaining 5 9s of uptime, and scaling for the future.
- You will design and code massively scalable services to provide a continually improving search experience, and your work will be seen by millions of customers daily.
- Passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale.
- Passionate about helping your teammates grow, and continually expanding the team’s tech knowledge
- Experience writing large scalable applications
- Experience deep diving and solving complex issues in a distributed system.
- Enjoy optimizing system performance of a large distributed system.
- Able to shepherd projects from prototype stage into production
- Fluent in a few programming languages, dynamic and static
- Experience with JVM languages like Java or Scala
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a technical lead
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig, HBase, Hive or related technologies a plus
- Experience with Solr/ElasticSearch and Lucene a plus.
- Open source experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top