Senior Search Discovery Engineer
Shutterstock is looking for an experienced engineer or architect to join our search discovery team! Our team’s mission is to push the boundaries of multimedia search, enabling customers to find content faster and easier. You will be working on developing new discovery paths and improving our core search technology. Along the way you will be collaborating with an extremely talented and passionate team of researchers, data scientists and engineers. You can expect to learn and apply knowledge in machine learning, computer vision, deep learning and engineering to ensure the successful launch of innovative new customer-facing features.
- As a Senior ML/ Computer Vision Engineer, you will be responsible for helping build innovative multimedia search discovery paths.
- You are excited about taking on ownership of important projects as well as working closely with the rest of the team to ensure successful completion of work.
- You enjoy architecting, designing and coding distributed and scalable services to continually improve the search discovery experience for millions of customers daily.
- You will work with engineers, data scientists and researchers to drive ideas from the rapid prototyping phase all the way through to serving live traffic at scale.
- Passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale
- Passionate about helping your teammates grow, and continually expanding the team’s tech knowledge
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with SOA architecture working on distributed/high trafficked systems.
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Experience writing large scalable applications
- Experience delving into and solving complex issues in a distributed system
- Able to shepherd projects from prototype stage into production
- Fluent in several programming languages, both dynamic and static
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience (PhD a plus)
- 5+ years of development experience
- C/C++, Python, or Lua development experience
- Experience writing high performance code (SIMD, CUDA definite pluses)
- Experience with, or interest in learning: machine learning and computer vision (deep learning a plus)
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes experience
- Hadoop, Pig, HBase, Hive or related technologies
- Open source experience
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top