Senior Product Manager, Search Platform
The Search Platform Senior Product Manager is responsible for helping enhance our search offering through improved ranking. The key focus of the role is to work with the engineering team and tightly couple with front-end teams to improve the user experience of search. Improving our search ranking methods and overall search algorithms is core to our strategy of providing the best results amongst the more than 300 million assets on our marketplace. It is this role’s responsibility to balance algorithmic changes, testing, optimization, and overall toolsets in a manner that helps serve both the needs of today while keeping an eye on our strategy of being the single marketplace for any creative asset a customer may need.
- Develop, grow, and enhance the strategy for our search platform team, working closely with engineering and other product counterparts to deliver the greatest value to the wider organization.
- Groom, maintain, and prioritize the backlog for future product development for the team
- Create product roadmaps that focus in on outcome-based activities with clear KPI’s
- Run the agile rituals for your team, ensuring that great processes are followed for all product activities
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other teams across the company including all our different customer-facing frontends, API group, AI and Computer Vision teams, and more.
- Bring a data driven and experimental approach to the team’s and your activities
- Act as the primary touchpoint for services leveraged by all our business units including education about changes, lobbying for priority, and managing expectations
- Drive excellence amongst your peers by setting an example of high quality, objective decision making
- Minimum 3 years product management experience
- Minimum 1 year experience specific to A/B testing
- Demonstrated bias toward data-driven decision making
- Experience leading a Search team
- Track record of shipped achievements. You’ve put things out in the world and, whether successful or not, you can take an analytical and objective approach to what your next steps are.
- Experience integrating products with AI and computer vision models
- Experience within a 2-sided marketplace with demonstrated decision making for benefits on each side
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Tobi O.Associate Product Manager, Custom
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top