Senior Product Manager, Search & Discovery
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for product excellence, a strong background developing customer facing, digital products and clear examples of how they have used data to drive product strategy. This candidate will work primarily with Shutterstock's Discovery team, playing a crucial role in defining a customer’s user flow in discovery stock assets.
In order to be successful, this candidate must be well versed in agile development methodologies and comfortable defining a product vision for a cross-functional team of engineers and designers. Additionally, candidates must demonstrate a strong competency for “user-centric” thinking, with clear examples of how they have used a blend of qualitative/quantitative research, user testing and intuition to effectively solve customer pain points.
The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, is comfortable collaborating with cross-functional business units, has a strong bias for action and knows how to function as a motivated self-starter in a high paced environment.
- Carry the torch on the product strategy and be the advocate of the customer in creating a best in class discovery user funnel for our customers
- Develop the overall product roadmap including user stories, scenarios, and product backlogs by conducting user research and engaging with stakeholders
- Drive product feature releases through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design and development, through to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Work with our engineering teams to evolve our software and systems architecture to support a rapidly growing customer base across multiple countries and languages
- Interface with teams across the entire company including other product teams, marketing, public relations, security / risk operations, accounting, finance, legal, and the executive team
- Convert strategy work into actionable projects that can be tested, deployed and measured
- 3+ years Agile product management experience (specifically using Scrum)
- 1+ years of e-commerce experience.
- 2+ years creating digital products guided by a strong qualitative and quantitative research component
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with teams across organizations
- Strong understanding of current technologies and standards, and how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role
- Demonstrated ability to collect user feedback and understand customer pain points
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Data Science background
- Experience managing and leading a team to meet aggressive goals
- Ability to synthesize different points of view and present them as a unified plan
- Ability to dive deep into the product, the business, and the competition
- Empathy for our users and an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving
- Product development experience in non-U.S markets a plus
- Inspire action in diverse groups
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top