Senior Manager, SEO
Shutterstock is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment within a disruptive marketplace. Well positioned as a disruptive leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content library in the world including images, vectors, music, and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for a broad, expanding customer base creating new opportunities for our global audience segments.
Life at our headquarters in New York and working with our offices around the world is fast-paced and demanding, but it’s fun. As a public company, we expect to meet and exceed our targets to achieve success for our teams and the company. We foster product innovation and entrepreneurial thought processes through a startup-like environment.
The Senior Manager, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will be responsible for developing strategic and tactical SEO plans and bringing that strategy to life across a variety of sites. As you already know, SEO can only succeed through close collaboration and partnership with stakeholders across multiple functions, including marketing, technology, product, customer support, sales and the executive team. You’ll have endless opportunities to grow and optimize this foundational channel as well as to help identify new initiatives to keep Shutterstock growing fast, innovating and staying at the forefront of our industry.
- Hold ultimate accountability for organic search customer acquisition goals and organic search strategy
- Participate in the development of the overarching SEO strategy for the multiple brands
- Implement tactical organic search marketing and product plans to achieve customer acquisition goals
- Partner with Performance Marketing team (SEM, Media, Affiliate Partnerships) to optimize overall marketing ROI and conversion
- Partner with Product and Creative teams to ensure SEO is a consideration in product and content creation decisions
- Consistently track key ranking, traffic, and conversion metrics, and deliver clear and concise reporting to the business leads on a regular basis
- Research competitor activity and market trends to identify opportunities, and provide recommendations based on your findings
- Lend expertise to the procurement and / or development of customer-facing SEO tools within the Shutterstock ecosystem
- 4+ years of experience leading SEO, preferably at a tech company
- Track record of achieving business results through SEO
- Excellent analytical capabilities, with the ability to translate data into action
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Excel, and third party SEO platforms
- Solid experience working with a wide set of SEO-related tools
- Fluency in the fundamentals of web development
- Ability to excel both independently and as part of a team
- Advanced project management skills and attention to detail
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Tobi O.Product Support Specialist
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top