Senior Director of Product, Content & Contributor
As Senior Director of Product, the ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for product excellence, experience in the content space and a strong background developing e-commerce products or 2-sided marketplaces.
The successful candidate will ensure that the contributor, content, and search platform teams build and maintain reliable, modern and flexible ways for contributors to submit and amplify their content within our marketplace, on web and mobile. They will work across all other groups to make sure that we deliver on our promise to ingest and merchandise at scale, creating flexibility for the business. The person will also oversee the team in charge of internationalization and localization, leveraging human- and machine-powered translations to improve the discoverability of content as well as the end-user experience globally.
The candidate will be excited to understand and help all of our different types of existing and future contributors across all of Shutterstock’s businesses. They will be able to make informed trade-offs that maximize the effectiveness of Shutterstock’s supply-side and be able to contextualize these decisions for the entire business.
This candidate will work with a team of product managers and report to the head of product. In order to be successful, this candidate must be well-versed in agile development methodologies and comfortable leading product strategy for a team of engineers and designers. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, is comfortable collaborating with cross-functional groups, has a strong bias for action and knows how to function as a motivated self-starter in a high-paced environment.
- Carry the torch on the product strategy and be the advocate of the contributor in creating a best in class digital experience
- Develop the overall product roadmap working with a small team of product managers
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design and development, through to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Work with our engineering teams to evolve our software and systems architecture to support a rapidly growing customer base across multiple countries and languages
- Ensure your teams have what they need to deliver excellent, measurable results
- Interface with teams across the entire company including other product teams, marketing, public relations, security / risk operations, accounting, finance, legal, and the executive team
- Convert strategy work into actionable projects that can be tested, deployed and measured
- Prepare the future of our contributor and content areas, creating flexibility for the business and enabling to drive our common goals.
- 5+ years agile product management experience
- Experience with either 2-sided marketplace, or user-generated content, or platform with a lot of data from diverse origins
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with teams across organizations
- Strong understanding of current technologies and standards, and how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role
- Demonstrated ability to collect user feedback and understand customer pain points
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative environment
- Experience developing/working with mobile applications
- Experience brokering solutions across many teams to align with the company strategy
- Experience helping product groups grow as individual contributors outside of their current expertise
- Understands the mobile economy with Apple and Google and has a proven track record of working with native apps
- Ability to adopt a hands-on or hands-off approach as needed
- Inspires a sense of ownership and pride in our products, culture and future
- Believes in iterative approaches to solving both customer/contributor and internal engineering problems
- Excellent listening skills, curiosity about our products our market, our competitors
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Empathy for our users and an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving
- Product development experience in non-U.S. markets a plus
- Inspire action in diverse groups
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top